- Phoo Thagyan, 3 years old, divorced parents, father in jail, abandoned.
- These kids and there teachers still have dreams...
- Student identification cards… the only ID of most of the kids.
- Teachers meeting.
- The teachers who have committed to spend their lives in service to the children till the end of AGAPE school life.
- First school day celebration with the parents and relatives.
- Singing during a ceremony for donators.
- Yae Hpyo Aung, 12 yo, father deceased, suffers of mental disease. Wai Lin Tun, 6 yo, divorced parents, abandoned.
- Myint Myat Kyaw, 3 years old, son of the Cook and a Teacher.
- Hand washing of kid's uniforms…
- Hla My Oou, 10 years old, abandoned.
- Tha Zin, 10 years old, divorced parents, father in jail, abandoned.
Orphan & Illegal, part 4
The civil war between the Karen ethnic minority and the Burmese Government of Myanmar is the oldest ongoing war in the world since 1949…Over 2.000.000 Burmese refugees are estimated to be in Thailand: 400.000 of them are Karen. 200.000 are concentrated in and around Mae Sot, neighboring the Karen State of Myanmar…
Poverty and fightings caused a dramatic rise of orphaned and abandoned displaced children, living in crowded refugee camps or slums of the border zone.
These children quickly find themselves in the need of begging or stealing. They mostly end as victims of forced labor, sexual exploitation and drug. They suffer of malnutrition, multiple diseases, psychological traumas and have no access to any education. Most of these children do not have any citizenship, they are illegals in Thailand and can’t be adopted.
© 2011 Samih Güven – All rights reserved.